Law Offices of Marc S. Nurik
Marc S. Nurik represents clients throughout the United States and its territories in corporate fraud, securities fraud, banking fraud, health care fraud, money laundering, insurance fraud, tax and anti-trust matters under investigation by federal and state authorities. His experience and expertise include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
· Representation of individuals and companies in the pre-indictment phase of governmental investigations, the defense of criminal charges and prosecution of criminal appeals.
· Representing individuals and business entities in criminal tax investigations.
· Defending individuals and business entities in criminal tax investigations as well as defending through trial individuals and business entities indicted for tax offenses.
· Representing attorneys and judicial officials in ethics and criminal investigations and proceedings.
· Representing CPAs, accountants and other professional as witnesses in criminal tax investigations.
· Assisting tax counsel in controversies involving potential referrals to the IRS Criminal Investigation Division, State Department Revenue Criminal Division.
· Assisting companies in making criminal referrals.
· Providing advice concerning criminal law implications arising out of civil litigation.
· Defense of administrative and regulatory investigations and Civil Actions Brought by Governmental Agencies such as:
· Federal. Including the SEC, IRS, CFTC, DHHS, DOD, DOJ, EPA, the Federal Reserve, FTC, FDA, FCC, FDIC, FinCen, HUD, OCC, OTS and ICE (Customs/Immigration).
· State. Including the Department of Business and Professional Regulation (“DBPR”), the Department of Environmental Protection, the Agency for Health Care Administration (“AHCA”), the Department of Legal Affairs, Office of the Attorney General, including its Medicare Fraud Control Unit, the Office of Financial Regulation, including its Divisions of Financial Institutions, of Finance, and of Securities, the Department of Insurance, and all State Professional Boards.
· Representing clients in international criminal matters and foreign extradition requests (we have also had experience in representing foreign Governments in U.S. matters).
· Representation of public companies and/or their Officers and Directors in regulatory investigative matters brought by Federal agencies.
· Representation of registered representatives, brokerages, and/or broker-dealers in FINRA arbitrations.
· Establishing and updating corporate compliance programs in Areas of:
· Health Care
· Food & Beverage
· Government Procurement and Contracting
· Conducting internal corporate investigations in areas such as Employee Theft, Bribery, Embezzlement, Espionage, Environmental Violations, Money Laundering, and Insider Trading.
· Representing individual and corporate claimants and/or financial institutions in civil forfeiture actions.
· Analyzing a client’s business practices in relation to Governmental regulations, including their business dealings in foreign countries (“Foreign Corrupt Practices Act”).
Courtroom artist depiction of Mr. Nurik on trial representing Florida Cabinet Official,
Dr. Elton Gissendanner.
Wilfredo Lee/Associated Press
One East Broward Boulevard, Suite 700
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Tel.: 954-745-5849 l Fax: 954-745-3556